Terms of trade
(Valid from 01/01/2019 and there onwards).
No one likes the small print.
While it might feel a bit time-consuming to read the fine print, we do believe it is the best way to manage expectations and
avoid any surprises. Our terms of trade set out what we will deliver to you and what we expect from you. The last thing we
want is a mismatch in understanding and a poor outcome for you, the homeowner.
We believe in providing great service and we take pride in our standards. The terms of trade below serve as the criteria
for all of the work we carry out. These terms override any agreements made in person, over the telephone, or in any other
When you ask Hi-Spec Plumbing and Gas Ltd to carry out work on your behalf, you agree to uphold your obligations
under these terms of trade.
If you have any questions please contact us on our office number 095277745 or email us at
If you are unhappy with the work we provide, or have any problems or comments, please let us know immediately. We will
do our best to fix any problems right away. If you do not give us feedback or if you delay payment, it makes it difficult for
us to put things right.
We take pride in what we do and would love for you to use us again and tell your friends. You can be sure that we want
you to get the outcome you are after, as much - if not more- than you do.
You can contact us the following ways:
Office Number: 09-527 7745
Mobile Number: 021-124-4035
After Hours Call Out Fee
We define our normal hours of business from 7.00am-5.00pm Monday to Friday. Urgent work done outside of these hours
is subject to an after-hours call out fee.
Vehicle Service Fee
This charge is used to cover the cost of running the vehicles, insurances, registrations etc.
Parking Permits/Tolls/Paid Parking
If while undertaking work for you, we are required to pay for parking or any other vehicle travel costs, these will be passed
on to you.
Additional Travel to the Job Site
We allow up to 30 minutes travel time to your site. This cost is covered in the call-out fee. If we take longer than 30
minutes to travel to your job, the cost of this additional travel time may be charged to you. Travel is on charged at $1.00 a
kilometer as required.
Additional Travel Back to Office/Workshop
In some circumstances, if your property is located outside of normal travel routes, you may be charged for the time it
takes for the tradespeople to travel back to the office/workshop. If it is more than 30 minutes, you may be charged for the
extra time it takes the tradespeople to reach their destination. We as a firm, believe that it is good practice to pay the
tradespeople when they are travelling for more than 30 minutes. The exception to this is normal travel to and from home
in peak motorway traffic. This condition usually applies to work outside of the city.
After Hours Work
If, while a job, you ask us to do work which falls outside of normal working hours, we will have to charge you additional
fees. If it has been arranged as a call-out, call-out fees will be applied. If not, additional fees will be applied to cover the
● We are always happy to reschedule an appointment free of charge.
● If you need to cancel your appointment, please provide us with at least 24 hour’s notice.
● A cancellation fee may apply to appointments that are not cancelled within 24 hours of your appointment.
● For call-out jobs and emergency jobs, payment is due when the work is complete, unless we have made other
arrangements. If you have been sent an invoice, payment is due as per the payment date on the invoice.
● Once your job is complete, you will be sent a final invoice by email.
● Please let us know before work commences if you would prefer an invoice to be mailed to you, as our default
communication is email.
● Some jobs will require a deposit before work commences
● If a deposit invoice is sent and remains unpaid before the work commences, we reserve the right to halt work until
payment is made. We also reserve the right to cancel the contract entirely, if payment is late or delayed.
● Progress invoices are claims for work done on site, before the entire job is completed. This covers labour and
materials for work done to date. The cost of materials and the amount of time spent on your job will dictate
whether you will be sent progress invoices.
● As part of our agreement, you accept to pay these progress invoices when they are due. You understand that you
cannot withhold payment for any reason.
● If for any reason work has paused on your job, you can request an invoice to settle the account by calling the
● We reserve the right to stop work if progress payments have not been made.
● Discounts applied to your account are administered at our discretion.
● Discounts will be revoked, and the full amount may be charged to you if an invoice remains unpaid for more than
20 days or any other agreed date.
● If you need to discuss any aspect of payment, please contact us immediately on receipt of invoice.
● If you are dissatisfied with the invoice/payment claim, it is your responsibility to contact us within 5 days of
invoice/payment claim being sent to you (the client)
● NZ construction contracts act 2002 applies to all and every corresponding estimate, quote, invoice or payment
claim Hi-Spec plumbing and Gas ltd provide, and any and all issues surrounding these documents are to be
handled within the terms of this governing law, as legally required in New Zealand.
1. If payment remains outstanding for over 20 days from the invoice due date a late fee of $50 + GST may be added
to your account at our discretion.
2. We reserve the right to charge 5% compounding interest monthly for overdue accounts.
3. Debt Collection costs may be added to invoices that remain outstanding for over 20 days from the due date.